Thursday 18 September 2008

About the Club

Information on the one and only West Ham
Founded: 1895 as Thameworks Irons F.C
1900 as West Ham United F.C
Colours: Claret and Blue
Ground: Upton Park (Boleyn Ground), capacity 35,647
Rivals: Tottenham, Chelski skum and Millwall
Nicknames: Hammers, Irons and The Academy of Football
Manager: Gianfranco Zola
League: Premier League
Trophies: Best league finish 3rd 1985-1986(Division 1)
Divison 2 Winners: 1957-1959 and 1980-1981
F.A Cup, Winners: 1964, 1975, 1980
Runners up: 1923 and 2006
League Cup: Runners up: 1966 and 1981
UEFA Cup: Winners: 1965
Football League War Cup: 1940
Highest Attendance: 42,322 against Spurs in 1970
Record transfer fee paid: 7.5mill for Craig Bellamy
Highest transfer fee recieved: 18mill for Rio Ferdinand from Leeds
Player Records: Most Apps: Billy Bonds 793
Most Goals: Vic Watson 326

4 comments:

benr said...

i tell you something young man you have done a great job on this website of yours its good alot about the club you are a great fan of the club (Y)

sambored said...

Very good site your template is very nice. You seem to be a very big West Ham fan.

propman said...

Nice site I'm also a West Ham fan I have subscribed to your posts.

Anonymous said...

DEAR MANAGER, COACH, TECHNICAL ADVISER, MY NAME IS UCHE FROM NIGERIA. I AM 18YEARS OLD AND I PLAY FOR UNDER 16, 17 AND IN JUNIOR TEAM. I AM A VERY TELENTED, FOCUSSED AND SKILLFULL PLAYER WITH GREAT POTENTIALS. I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY IN YOUR YOUTH FOOTBALL ACADEMY TEAM AND I PROMISE TO DO MY BEST IN THE UPLIFTING OF YOUR ESTEEMED FOOTBALL CLUB. I BELIVE THAT MY TRIALS WILL DEFINITELY CONVINCE YOU. I WAS BORN A FOOTBALLER AND WAS TRAINED AS A ULTILITE PLAYER AND I WOULD LOVE IF YOU GIVE ME THE CHANCE/OPPORTUNITY TO PROOVE MYSELF TO YOU AND THE CLUB. I AM A GOOD FOOTBALLER AND I WANT TO TAKE MY FOOTBALL CARRIER TO THE NEXT LEVEL. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO JOIN YOUR YOUTH FOOTBALL ACADEMY AS I WANT TO MAKE NIGERIANS PROUD OF ME. PLEASE KINDLY BRIEF ME ON HOW I CAN JOIN YOUR YOUTH FOOTBALL ACADEMY AS I PROMISE TO UPLIFT THE CLUB TO A GREATER HEIGHT. ATTACHED IS MY FOOTBALL CV FOR YOU TO GO THROUGH. I DO HOPE TO READ/HEAR FROM YOU COACH/MANAGER. THANK YOU. YOURS FAITHFULLY MY E-MAIL CHIBEST_01@YAHOO.COM PHONE +2348080460051